Followers

23 May 2009

Journal


Well, I've finally finished the house move and got down to some serious crafting. Inspiration from the Stampin' Up! convention had to be put on hold for a week or two while I packed and moved.

This journal is my first attempt at covering a book. I've put the page numbers for where you'll find the items in the Ideas Book and Catalgoue.


I've used the Stampin' Up! journal (pg 147) and Bella Bleu (pg 134) papers along with Pale Plum and Perfect Plum in to stamp 'Create' with the Lovely Letters Alphabet (pg 122) which I embossed with a blend of clear embossing powder and Dazzling Diamonds then punched out with the curly label punch (pg 153). I've sponged Perfect Plum ink around the edges of each label to provide some definition.
I've then used the new Sweet Sticky Cuts (pg 145) heart and this is covered with the new Fine supernova glitter (pg 145), I've mixed Pink, Blue and Dazzling Diamonds to come up with this lovely plum colour glitter. Oh I love this glitter!

I kept the middle insert heart covered with it's plastic when I applied the plum glitter then after a few mins drying time, I removed the plastic and used Dazzling Diamonds on the center heart. Very effective.


I stamped the definitions Inspire, Create and Delight from the Life Definitions (pf 123) stamp set and glittered the edges of the pale plum mat.
I then coloured some White Grosgrain ribbon with Pale Plum and Perfect Plum ink using the sponge daubers to transfer the colour to the ribbon. I cut the newly coloured ribbon and added some Very Vanilla ribbon to the mix and tied them to the spiral binding on the Journal. I then added a few little butterflies and a ribbon along the edge and hey presto all done!

I hope this inspires you all to go and create!!!
Till next time. Cheers, Kasey

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.