Followers

30 May 2010

More reinkers and rubbing alcohol

I was showing this technique to a friend and used Bashfull Blue and Sage Shadow on Glossy White card stock, we both turned out such different effects, so it really depends on how wet your cotton ball is with rubbing alcohol and how many drops of each colour you use. 

I ran my piece through the Big Shot using the Manhattan Flower embossing folder and then lightly inked the raised edges in Bashfull Blue using a ink dauber.  Then I traced the outside line and drew another line about a 1/4 inch away and cut so have the blue shadow behind the image.  I then lay a strip of white grosgrain ribbon across the Sage Shadow inkpad and sponged it, it turned out much darker than I expected but I really love the colour.  I'm going to miss Sage Shadow.......*sigh*

It hasn't shown up well in the photo, but the edges of the salutation have been sponged in Sage Shadow to deepen the colour to match the ribbon, it is really close but doesn't look it in the pic.  Oh well, you get the idea anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.