Followers

11 June 2013

Starry, Starry Night

Hello, as promised here are a couple more pages for you.  I absolutely love Don McLean's song about Vincent Van Gough.  So sad and yet very beautiful.  

I used sprays and then while the paper was wet, I've scattered rock salt on the ink and left it to dry, some colours and papers give different effects.  This one left mainly deeper dots of colour but didn't have the chemical reaction that happens on other inks.  It also left a salty sparkle to the paper which of course hasn't been captured in the photo.


This one shows the lines that come from the chemical reaction you get with the salt and ink.  You can see it quite well around the words Laugh and Dream.  I've used lots of silver on the doodling.


Hope you like these two pages, I'll be back to show some more in a day or so.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.