Followers

06 May 2011

Mashup # 5

A little bit of Mashup in my day
and a little bit of nature come my way
a little embossing on my card
come on join in....it's not that hard....

LOL ok poor attempt at humour with the Mambo # 5 connection thing happening, however....Welcome to another lovely Friday and to the Mashup # 5.  Lisa has challenged us all this week with a fantastic double challenge 



1. Create a card inspired by nature
2. Create a card with embossing on it somewhere
3. MASH it all up and create a nature card that uses embossing somewhere on it!

I made 2, I was inspired to use watercolouring as I was still waiting on my order to arrive with my new heat gun in it, I was dissappointed that it didn't come before the Easter Break but when you live about 3000 klms away from the warehouse it does take time.

I broke out the Lovely as a Tree set and used Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke and More Mustard as my colours. I've used Confetti White for my card base as it's closer to the water colour paper colour than Whisper White.




When my order arrived, it had my heat gun and French Foliage in it, so once I had unpacked it, the urge to put ink on that set was strong, I decided to emboss the leaves and see how they would turn out.




This set called out for a distressed kind of vintage style so I spritzed the card using my spritzer tool and markers - Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede were lightly spritzed on to the card as well as stamping the big leaf a few times lightly and of course the spots/splashes stamp in this set to mess it up.  All in all I'm very happy with the result.

I hope you will join us over at The Friday Mashup, I'd love to see what you come up with from Lisa's inspirational challenge.


Don't forget if you see a card that inspires you, leave a comment on the creators blog, we all love to read comments, yes, even the DT girls!

7 comments:

  1. Two great cards Kasey. You know, when I read "embossing" I didn't even think about heat embossing!!! I love the weathered smudgey look of the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kasey! I love both these cards! French Foliage was one of my favourite new sets this year! I so hope it make the new North American catty in July! Great job on some gorgeous autumn-themed cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these cards...especially the second one. I thought it was different for you to be showing fall designs...but you are in Australia! Duh!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did fantastic on both cards Kasey, I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both cards Kasey! My fav is the French Foliage...it is such a great stamp set!!! I got it in the Fall here! Looking forward to seeing what else you design with it!!!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Both of these cards are beautiful! Iw ish I had bought the French Foliage last fall! I'm hoping it will be in the Idea Book 2011-2012 her in the US. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them both .... great colouring, you really captured the beauty of nature at its best!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.