Where do I start with this card? This has been a project and a half! Grab a cuppa, you're in for a long read....LOL
I decided to use my Tim Holtz distress inks to make some background papers.
If you don't really want to know how this card was made, feel free to jump to the end, I'd love to read your comments, so please stop to say hi.
Paper number 1 was created by using SU Confetti White, Distress ink pads and plastic wrap, I used Victorian Velvet, Tattered Rose and a little bit of Aged Mahogany then I spritzed it with water. When it was dry, I added just a little more Victorian Velvet to the mix. Once it was completely dry I used a flower outline stamp from SU Greenhouse garden and stamped it randomly with Victorian Velvet. I then spritzed it all with Champagne Mist shimmer paint to add some luscious sparkle. Edges are sponged with Aged Mahogany
Paper number 2 was created by using the blending tool to rub inks into the Confetti White, this time I used Victorian Velvet, Tattered Rose and Tea Dye. Spritzed with water and once dry I stamped French Script by Darkroom Door in Victorian Velvet. I layered these papers onto SU Bravo Burgundy
I decided I'd try to watercolour with the distress inks (my very first attempt) Note to self: Wait for the layers to dry before you go adding the background blue! I made the green bleed into it in places and thought I'd just make it worse if I played around too much.
I've used my new Zinnia stamp from Flourishes. I won this set in a recent blog hop for Copic Oz as they are the new distributor for Flourishes stamps in Australia.
I cut the image out with a Labels 4 Nestie and then cut two more the same size from the burgundy card. Each of these were disected in 4 at various ponts to allow me to create the narrow frame as I'd used the largest one on the image so I couldn't cut another larger one as a mat. I did the same with the sentiment.
I've used a couple of Cheery Lynne flourish dies to decorate, as the image is a flower it didn't seem right adding paper flowers to the card. I've finished it off with some rose pink rhinestones.
I'm really happy with my first attempt at watercolouring with distress inks, I may need a bit more practice and perhaps a few more online tutorials before I will try to graduate to people images!
Thanks for stopping by and sticking with this long post.
This card is being entered into the following challenges.
Make It Monday ~ Linky Party
Flourishes ~ For Mother (opps missed the deadline!)
I'm also supporting Southern Girls 'Get Your Girly On' Challenge this week as I'm one of their new DT members and I'm on Team Trace, this week is Team Lou. So you'll have to wait to see my first Southern Girls post.
If you've made it this far, I have one more thing, a teaser if you like......I have some exciting news and I'm just waiting on approval to release it.....stay tuned....LOL
Kasey ~ in Oz