Followers

21 January 2014

Mixed Media canvas for my gorgeous hairdresser

Hi all,  It's been a while since my last post, I've been working on a special project for a lovely lady.  Tanya, my hairdresser is such a sweetheart.  I love visiting her salon, the girls are all awesome.  

I decided to make a mixed media canvas and asked Tanya to provide me with some paraphernalia.  I also went and got some extra pins, clips, bling and flowers.


Tanya supplied a pair of scissors! insisting that they are past their prime, boy they may not be the best for hair but I'd love to use them in my craft room they were so sharp and felt amazing in my hand, possibly due to them costing a fortune.  Still they needed to go on the canvas and as they are solid metal, they are a little heavy so I tied them on with some silver cord, I didn't think glues would 'cut it'  (pun intended!)


I had some strips of foil, that Tanya had given me, so decided to shape some strands of hair and added some satin cord in red and black to complete the 'hair' part of the project.



I covered some perming rods in embossing powder and then glued them onto the canvas, it was a bit tricky so I decided that the other plastic items needed to stay uncoloured as getting things to stick to the plastic is difficult and I didn't want the paint peeling off.



  Tanya's Salon is Colours Hair, Body & Beauty (link to her facebook page) and her business card has these lovely butterflies so I decided to make some foil ones coloured with alcohol inks, they glitter and shine so beautifully.

I was so pleased with the end result and when I presented it to Tanya she just loves it.  Yay, mission accomplished.

Cheers,

Kasey

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.