Followers

07 January 2014

Time Flutters By

This mixed media canvas was an experiment for me, I covered a conventional canvas with ivory coloured hessian or burlap then sprayed four different Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays on the edges sweeping the colour towards the middle.  


I then added some texture paste and stemple paint and took a while to decide what to put on the canvas.  I knew I wanted the weathered clock and some butterflies but my first attempt at the butterflies failed miserably!  I'm really pleased to have had some stocks of paper that I'd created a while ago using the shaving cream technique, they were perfect for my butterflies.

The colours are way more vibrant than this picture allows to be shown.  Destined for my bedroom wall as most of my other creations were gifted at Christmas to family and friends.

Happy creating.

Cheers,

Kasey


2 comments:

  1. Hi Kasey
    Wow, those butterflies look amazing, the shaving cream technique really created a beautiful effect.
    Love that you made this for yourself, usually we give our best creations away.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is stunning, I love the wonderful butterfly design

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.