Followers

26 July 2011

Waiting for Fairies!

I've been a member of The Colour Room for a while now and every now and then when I get my email I'm inspired to create using their colour combo or sketch, this time I actually used both and created a new scrapbook page, I haven't done that for ages! So thank you Colour Room for your inspiration.

Waiting for Fairies has been waiting for a while to be created, I have had these photos printed out for ages and I'm so happy with this page using the colours. 

 My mother had a bushy plant at the side of the garden path and Danielle loved to sit in it, almost hiding, she said she was 'Waiting for Fairies' and would sit very still and close her eyes hoping the fairies would show up.

I used Grunge Paper for the first time, it's amazing stuff, I LOVE it.  Is it just me or does it smell like leather?  I've cut the grunge paper with the Sizzix Tim Holtz Tattered Florals to make the flowers, cut them from grunge paper and then sponged SUs Melon Mambo lightly on the large one, then darker on the other one.  The two other flowers in the big stacks are sponged with a mix of Champagne Shimmer Mist and Sahara Sand, both SU products.

The photos are backed with Soft Suede of course it's been sprayed with shimmer paint, I've stamped a script text in Soft Suede and then spritzed it with markers in Pretty in Pink, Soft Suede and Sahara Sand then a random spritz of shimmer paint.  I'm really happy with the effect.



2 comments:

  1. This is an adorable page, and story!!! I have some grunge paper but haven't used it yet, hoping to have a play with some of the new big shot dies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a beautiful page! I have an award for you on my blog http://micheleheartspaper.blogspot.com/2011/07/award-for-little-ol-me.html... ~Michele~

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.