Followers

16 November 2012

Material Girls!

Hello friends, thank you for stopping in to say hello, please leave me a comment so I know you dropped by.

Today I'm bringing you a DT card for the new Delicious Doodles challenge this week which is to use Material on your project!  I have coloured up Quiet Contemplation, a stunning image by Teri.

I've used some muslin coloured with copics, as this is such a soft fabric, I added some netting behind it so that it gave the muslin some body to stay in a fan shape.


The card base is Blush Blossom and I've used a tiny border of Basic Black both SU card.  Beautiful WOC flowers. The papers are from a DCWV stack called Far East, I've had these papers for such a long time and I love them but like most of the papers I love, it takes a lot for me to actually cut into them.  I've banned myself from buying any more papers until I actually reduce the stash!  

I've even gone as far as cutting a lot of my 12 x 12 papers into 6 x 6 squares as I really do way more card making than scrapping.  I still have my special scrapbooking papers whole, and I will get around to using them......one day!

Hope you are inspired to create a project using fabric.  Come on over and join us!

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kasey, hope your week in Canberra was stress free. This is a fab creation and love Teri's images...this is just gorgeous. Have a great weekend..luv annie..


    http://annieforeva.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasey I love this card, the image is fab and is coloured as always beautifully and I love the layout. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kasey,
    What a beautiful card that image is so demure, I really like it.
    The papers you have used are very pretty and perfect for the project.

    I am slowly catching up with my sleep, managed 5 hours last night.
    Have caught up with some house work, the ironing basket is at last "empty"
    This has never happened before, then again this "age thing" may have something to do with it.
    Going at things 100mph when your younger never seem to effect you.

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kasey this is gorgeous and very creative. Love everything about it. Wishing you a fab Friday.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kasey. How fabulous is this. Just gorgeous. Sorry I have been missing, not too good right now.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card!!! Have a great evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, lovely images. Hugs Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab image, beautifully coloured! Your card is lovely too, such pretty details :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.