Followers

23 November 2012

Southern Girls colour challenge

Hello everyone, welcome to the Southern Girls Colour me Pretty challenge.  We want to see your fabulous creations using Pink and Brown, any shades of Pink and Brown will do!

Check out the awesome inspiration that the Design Team have knocked up for you.  Here's my effort.  I went back to some old favourite techniques and embossed my flowers in white on water colour paper.  Then I used a reinker and an aquabrush to create my layers of colour.  I love how it turned out.

I also made a square frame from my Marianne die, it's a rectangle if cut once, I cut it out 4 times and snipped it with my scissors and then pieced it back together!  Love how thinking outside the box can extend the versatility of your stash.  Oh this is my first use of Washi tape on a card.  I've got it on a journal page, I Love this stuff!


Thanks for dropping by, please leave a note to let me know you were here.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

10 comments:

  1. Kasey this is gorgeous I love the flowers and the colours are beautiful. Love the frame and the layout is fabulous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, Kasey!

    Kathleen
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, Kasey!

    Kathleen
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this one Kasey, beautiful...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Kasey! Love your choice of colors, and the flowers and frame look so decorative,

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful kasey!!! those flowers turned out just so lovely...beautiful frame aswell :) hope you have been well - i finally have internet back on this week YAH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely card, Kasey! The flowers and the frame are gorgeous1
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Kasey,
    Beautiful card as always, love the colours. Really love the flowers.
    Just in case you think I have forgotten to tell you............my Copics Marker Case still has not arrived.
    It really will be a Christmas Gift.
    Happy Crafting

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how long it is taking to arrive. Yes it was sent surface mail as the cost for air mail was way too high. I was in the post office the other day posting off some other things and I mentioned that parcel and the Sargent remembered me posting it off, he was surprised it hadn't been delivered yet. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it comes to you soon.

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous card Kasey, I also love getting more use out of my dies and like how you have done this one very much. I also love washi tape, it is just one of those fun things to use. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.