Followers

10 April 2011

Grunge Birthday

The colour challenge over at Play Date Cafe just called out for the Shaving Cream technique, as a few of my recent posts show, I'm having fun creating with this technique.

And this card is just loaded with Technique...lets see....two different sheets of paper using the shaving cream technique.  Dry Embossing, Big shot dies and layering, background stamping, layering of stamps oh and sponging....overdone?  Unfortunately, there is no heat embossing as my heat gun died and the toaster just doesn't cut it!

I've used Extreme Elements and Grunge Rock stamp sets, these two are made for each other for Teen and Male cards and you can get such different looks with the sets each time.  I've also used Brilliant Blue (retired), Tempting Turquoise and Garden Green along with Naturals Ivory which is one of my favourite neutrals.
Play Date Cafe ~ Colour Challenge #76

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous Kasey, so many techniques on one awesome card! This card is perfect for a "dude" birthday and, well, you rock! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one, "your" colours, but not so obviously "your" stlye if you know what I mean! Well done, I must try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Kasey, you've packed a lot of technique (and a lot of fun) into one card! Bet this was a blast to make. THank you for joining us at The PLay DAte Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE all the techniques that you've used to create your fab card! Great job!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card! There's so much to look at and it all work together so well - love that grunge feel. Thanks for sharing it with The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.