Followers

05 August 2012

A few false starts...

You know your mojo has deserted you when.... you have a few false starts at colouring an image and it's just not working for you.  That's what has happened to me this weekend, it's been a hectic month with training and a short holiday and more training plus lots of changes at work.  

Being away from home for more than two of the past four weeks has been hard, I think I left my mojo sitting on some plane somewhere along the east coast!  There were 8 flights in total and flying is not one of my favourite pastimes, the good thing is I used my traveling time to read a few books!


After all that, when I printed out a couple of digi images, they are too big for cards!  So, what do you do with images that are too big for your cards?  You make a journal page!


 Have you seen the amazing tutorial that Alyce did for colouring folds?  OMG that woman is insanely talented and her ability to colour pleats and folds is legendary.  So, using her tutorial I coloured up this stunning Saturated Canary image 'Jules'.


I had a great time making up my page, it's full of firsts, just like this post! 

Colours used on 'Jules'
Skin:  E000, E01, E11, E20, B00 (eyes)
Hair:  E30 base, E39, E13, E11, Sand Spica
Dress, Shoes, Bow: R81, R83, R85. RV000 Clear Spica
Cat: C1, C3 R81, R83

Challenges

Charisma Cards Challenges - Pink plus 1 
~~~~I used various shades of Pink plus Golden Browns (hair and page)
Make it Monday - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

22 comments:

  1. Love the image and the colors, very sweet card.
    Blessings Doreen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doreen, I'm using this journal to keep track of some colour combos as well as techniques.

      Delete
  2. The is gorgeous Kasey. She is so sweet and you have coloured her beautifully

    Hope you have a good day

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks for stopping in to say hi. Thank you for your lovely comment.

      Delete
  3. Hi Kasey, thanks for visiting my blog..here I am at your and what a wonderful scrap book page, your mojo does not seem to have deserted you at all!! Fab!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, I was so excited to see those lovely wedding photos. It looks like you all had such an awesome day. Thanks for dropping in to leave me your fabulous comment.

      Delete
  4. So goregous Kasey!
    Good coloring and adorable image ♥
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Eva Marie, so lovely to see you dropping by. Thanks for the encouragement your comments bring me.

      Delete
  5. Pretty card and I soooo love the way you coloured the image! Too cute! Another awesome MIM entry from you, Kasey! Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Asha, I love seeing your work too! Thanks for your visit and your lovely comments.

      Delete
  6. Awww thanks so much for your lovely comment Kasey! :D She is absolutely gorgeous! Love the colouring and the reds really pop against the colouring :) Don't feel bad about the false starts though...I think everyone experiences that :) I had a hard time colouring that MIC image too...my markers were dirty and just weren't playing nice! D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Alyce, the 'red' is actually a deep pink must be the photo. Thanks for your encouragement my friend.

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you persevered, Kasey! This is gorgeous! Love the new hair colour ... And the folds are stunning! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, thanks for your comment, I know we all have times like that where no matter what we do it's just not working!

      Delete
  8. Such a lovely image and card. Thanks for joining us in our first challenge at NMWC. Good luck and hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit and comments Marion. Was happy to play along with your revamped challenge site. Looking forward to the next one.

      Delete
  9. Just beautiful, I adore SC images, your colouring is fab.. Thanks for taking part in our first challenge at NMW Challenges, good luck. I do hope you have joined in on the blog hop. Hugz Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on the revamp of your challenge site Suzanne. Yes I did the blog hop, your DT has made some fabulous projects. Thanks for your visit and comments.

      Delete
  10. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS! My entries are: #84, #129, #157, #159 and #277.
    I would love to have you visit my blog!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Adorable girl. Congratulations !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. fab page
    thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
    Allisonx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely card...cute image and amazing colouring. Thanks for your lovely comments over my way and thanks to Make it Monday as I found my way to your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.