Followers

25 January 2013

All you need is love....

Hello and welcome to my new followers, thanks a bunch for choosing to follow my blog.  Sorry I've been a bit lax in my posts lately, lots going on but I hope it all settles down soon and I'll be back to posting each week or more.

Today, I have the Delicious Doodles challenge # 20 All you need is Love for you.  I thought these Seahorses looked so cute with their tails hooked together that this said Love to me as much as any other of Teri's gorgeous images would. 


Looks like I'm still in my green and purple phase, Love these colours together.  Lots of lovely techniques used here with the copic markers.  

The background is quite time consuming and done in several layers, firstly lots of dots and dabs with blues and blue greens scattered all over, I made it darker at the base fading up to lighter to give some depth to the card.  Then I just did lots of splodges of 0 on the dots, the card got quite wet as I had just juiced up the marker before I started.  Then I let that dry and started all over again with more dabbing of colour then splodges of 0.  The idea was to soften the edges of the dabs and dots to blend them out a little and fade the edges.  If you click on the picture you'll see a larger image.

The seahorses were coloured using Alyce from Kit and Clowder's Mermaid tail tutorial from Youtube.  I'm really happy how it translated to the seahorses and I think I will be trying this on a dragon image soon!  Teri has some amazing Dragons in her shop.

I've used the following copic markers 
Seahorses: V0000; 000;01; 04; 06; 09  BG 0000; 01; 05; 09 11; 13; 15; 18
Seaweed: YG61; 63; 67
Background:  B0000;00;02; BG0000; 00; 10; 11 and 0

Make it Crafty chipboard which has been embossed with Obsidian Teal, looks black but depending on the way the light hits it, you get teal highlights.  Inside the little circles is glue and teal glitter.
Rose and Heart charm are from Wild Orchid Crafts a the
Ribbon is Stampin' Up! 
Sentiment is Lily of the Valley.
I've used a Spellbinders embossing folder on the white background and added some glitter paper for some sparkle.
EK Success punch

If you want any more details, happy for you to contact me.

Cheers,

Kasey ~ in Oz







6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Love the colour scheme and yor amazing colouring!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome hun! Love that 'pointillist' style of colouring, suits them to a tee! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh stunning kasey!!! i just love how you coloured them and that background is amazing!!! i am glad you liked the videos but you need no help in the colournig department ;) hehe!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colouring and such a great wedding card. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I stumbled upon your blog tonight when I noticed 'Oz' in your comment signature on another blog. Your green and purple phase is delightful with all the different themes and images you used to make your cards. You obviously have great skill with using copics, especially with the background on this one. BTW I'm also in sunny QLD which is sopping wet at the moment, lol. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the colours and the image.......truly stunning

    Patricia. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.