Followers

04 January 2013

Sparkle and Shine

Hello to all my blog followers and welcome to my new friends!  Thank you for choosing to follow my creative journey.  If you're just visiting, welcome, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Happy New Year!  Wow!  How fast are the years flying by?  I am amazed how quickly time flies past as I get older.  It seems that we waited forever for special things like birthdays and Christmas when were were kids.  Probably not telling you anything new here.  

New beginnings for a new year, and at Delicious Doodles challenges this week we are asking you to Sparkle and Shine.  

For me, I can't think of a better way than using one of my all time favourite colour combinations AND butterflies!  Butterflies represent new beginnings for me as they are transformed from a caterpillars  into a thing of beauty, stunning colours and patterns on their wings. 


I've used Teri's gorgeous Butterfly image and lots of subtle glitter, as I've used my mica spray on the background and spica pens on the butterflies.  Glitter glue on the lace and of course bling. 


The backing paper for the sentiment was Lindy's Stamp Gang mica sprays on watercolour paper, the colours were perfect for this project.

I've used a spellbinders embossing folder and then lightly sponged the some SU Pool Party ink on them, the little flowers are coloured in BV0000 copic marker.

Colours used on the butterflies are BG11, 13, 15 and BV0000, 01, 11, E71, 74
Turquoise, Lilac and Clear spica pens.

I hope you will join us for this week's Sparkle and Shine challenge.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, love the butterflies. Hugs, Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour combo hun! Fab colouring on the butterflies too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh this is gorgeous Kasey! I love the beautiful purples and those butterflies are so gorgeous. My favourite colours too :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Kasey.
    Sorry I have not been here for a while. Got very lazy over the festive period.
    Wow! this is a beautiful card, those butterflies are just stunning.
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.