Followers

24 November 2011

Giving Thanks


At Paper Lovin' Gals this week, we are giving thanks, while this is not a celebrated holiday in Australia, I think the concept is something we should all do each and every day.  

By taking time out to think about what we are grateful for, perhaps it puts our petty issues correctly in their place so we don't let them get out of hand.

So for me I am giving thanks that I have a place to live, apart from a few petty aches and pains I'm relatively healthy!, I have family and friends around me and I have this unstoppable urge to be creative.

The inspiration photo really had me wondering what to do, then as usual inspiration struck and I went with the lines in the bottom half of the picture to create this,  It was the quickest and simplest card I've made in ages.  

I used all the same colours and just swiped the inkpad from the centre of the card front to the outside edges.  Love the effect.  I've used the following colours to create this  Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango

Thanks for stopping by to gather your own inspiration, head on over to the Paper Lovin' Gals challenge site and see what other inspiration you can find.

Cheers,

Kasey ~ in Oz

5 comments:

  1. Great take on the card Kasey, I am going to have to give this a go again.

    I agree with you that it is good to take time out to be thankful. I am thankful you got me back in touch with my creative side! Hugs, Mon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How glorious Kasey!! A fabulous thank you card on this day and every day of thankfulness. Have a wonderful week.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's done with ink pads?? I thought it was string! Wonderful technique! Wonderful card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great effect this made.. I love how you combined the colors.. Looks just like the photo.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.