Followers

09 November 2011

Thinking of an unscripted masculine card? Here it is!

UPDATE:  I'm in the TOP 3 at Unscripted Sketches!  Woo Hoo thank you Unscripted DT for selecting my card.

Also in the TOP 3 for SU Only Challenges.  That deserves another little happy dance!  Thanks SU Only DT for selecting my card.



OK, OK. it is getting harder to come up with interesting post titles!  Yes I know this one is a bit lame!  oh well you do get that at times.  By the way, what is it with Blogger lately, only showing the latest post?  ggrrrrrrrrrr or is it just me?  I've checked my settings and they are fine.

I've had some time to put together another card for challenges, I'm on a roll, I made the 'painting' a while ago and when I saw the Unscripted sketch this week, I knew that I had to use it in this card.

  That top rectangle just spoke to me.  I'm sure you know what that's like.  Anyway, here is my take on the sketch, I've also used the SU Only challenge ~ Thinking Of You and the Our Creative Corner ~ Masculine theme.


Here is a close up of the 'Painting' the Notably Ornate frame always looked like a picture frame to me so I embossed it in gold and then cut it out with a craft knife and paper snips, sponging the background and layering the boat in there on dimensionals, I've also used dimensionals to pop the frame up above the background.  I love the way it turned out.

Here is the card in full


Unscripted Sketches ~ Sketch #131
SU Only Challenges ~ Thinking of You
Our Creative Corner ~ Masculine


15 comments:

  1. This is a lovely way to frame a picture! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, Kasey! Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful use of this image! Just GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for joining the SUO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Lovely card, love the use of the frame. Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card! What a great look and what a great use of the Unscripted sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly a work of art! Lovely, lovely use of that stamp...amazing concept. So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    Jen Timko

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW this is just gorgeous even though it's totally a male card! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness .... this is fabulous, I have always thought of gold embossing that frame, and wow, it must look stunning in real ... looove the sponged image too ... awesome job!
    Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, oh wow! That's a lot of fancy cutting, but the results are worth it! What a gorgeous frame around your beautifully colored image! So happy you joined us at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is gorgeous Kasey! That frame works perfectly with this ship and you've done a beautiful job painting it! Congrats on being picked as one of the Top Three over at SUO Challenges - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a FANTASTIC card! and yes, I know what you mean, by the sketch just spoke to you. :) I love your mix of stamps and your creative flair! thank you for playing along with us @ OCC

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Kasey! So much beautiful detail in the "fussy-cut" frame. Very elegant, in a very masculine way. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your final 3 placing, very well deserved :)
    Penny

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.