Followers

14 November 2010

and now for a dual challenge...


This card combines two more challenges, which I found very fitting for a masculine card so this is my take on combining the challenges. 

Colour Q and CPS (sketch challenges) are a great way to get those creative juices flowing.

I've made a grungy background on So Saffron by inking up the Wonderfully Worn and Sanded background stamps in all the different colours (except white) and just stamped in a slightly different spot each layer to make this background, which I think is very effective.  I've used my old faithful photo corners which haven't seen much action of late to do the angled corners and stamped the sentiment directly on the background, it's inked up in all the colours as well.  White just seemed out of place for me on this card so I chose not to use it.


I've used the level 2 hostess set Cute by the Inch for the little squares of Cajun Craze on So Saffron, roughed up the edges with my fingernail and sponged Always Artichoke on them.

Hope you like it.


4 comments:

  1. This is a very lovely card, Kasey! I love what you did with the sketch! Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful masculine card! I love how you combined the two challenges. Thanks for sharing this with us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those colors you've chosen! Thanks for playing along with CP this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kasey~ super cool card, love the distressed look!You did an awesome job with the colors, thanks so much for playing with the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.