Followers

14 November 2010

Three Challenges in One!

When checking out the latest challenges today, three of them just seemed to go together

The colour challenge was to use Real Red, Old Olive, Kraft and White in a card, as these are soooo Christmas colours they fit perfectly into the Just Add Ink challenge this week of Just Add Christmas!


The embossed white background is spritzed in Champagne Shimmer Paint mixed with rubbing alcohol, this puts the nicest shimmer on the card. Next the tree and words are embossed with Old Olive then a mix of Dazzling Diamonds and clear embossing powder, the same has been done with the red ribbon only it's Real Red instead of Olive!! I've done the bell in Gold embossing powder.

For the tags I've layerd ovals onto one of the tags from the {114508 } 'Lots of Tags' Sizzlits 4 pack dies. this has the holly stamp from the {115776} Christmas Classics stamp set along with some rhinestones. As Murphy would have it, I've lent my Modern Lable Punch out to a fellow demonstrator so I had to improvise on the lables. Then I've added three {109110} Circle Fire Rhinestone brads to the top for added bling.

I think it came out quite well, What do you think?

11 comments:

  1. And I thought I had done well doing 2 challenges in one card!!! You remain the master!

    Lovely card, tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on Monique, those three were pretty easy when one was a layout, one was colour and one was a theme! Not sure that I deserve the master tag but I will accept your compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! I love this stamp set and the embossing looks fabulous. Thanks for playing with us at Friday Mashup!.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty! love the embossed label with the holly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the Christmas Classics stamp set! I don't use it nearly enough. THanks for playing along this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, great use of the colours. I love the embossing and the "bling" brads too. I love the layered ovals on the tag too, it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. real pretty card. I love all that you used all different stamps on this. I love the color choice and the embossing .. great card! thanks for joining in with the Friday Mashup Family..

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that EF and how you used this week's colours :) Thanks for playing playing Inkspirations with us this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful creation! Thanks for playing along at Inkspirations!
    Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great how you have made the white the dominant colour in your card Kasey. Love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.