Followers

17 February 2012

Friday Mashup by me!

Welcome to a new Friday Mashup Challenge,  Kasey here bringing you challenge # 46, thanks Holly for the byline on the graphic!  



I've come up with a fairly simple sketch and your challenge is to use the sketch and or mash it up by going Vintage or Shabby Chic


So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project using the "Sketch".  
  2. Or Make a  "Shabby Chic / Vintage" project.  
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Shabby Chic/Vintage project using the Sketch".
We have been so excited by the growth of entries the Friday Mashup challenge has been getting each week, it's lovely to know our challenges get you thinking and creating so thank you for playing along with us each week,  we love seeing what you create.

As I'm a huge fan of Shabby Chic and Vintage, I've gone down that path and I've even turned my sketch on its side!  Just check out the fabulous projects from the very talented Friday Mashup DT.  WOW!  

For my card, I've used SU cardstock Bravo Burgundy and Naturals Ivory.  I found some velvet ribbon in my stash and added some eyelet style lace with some burgundy cord threaded through it to make my 'corners'.  Lots of lovely paper roses and some distressing ink and one of my favourite SU stamp sets Sense of Time, Victorian embossing folder and frame a bit of sponging and voila....Shabby Chic/Vintage is complete.




 I also created a CAS card using the sketch, I did use Vintage Vogue so that could count as the mashup!


For this card, I've used SU cardstock Very Vanilla and Island Indigo then stamped up some small Vintage Vogue flowers in Rich Razzleberry, two stamped dark and four stamped off first to give a softer colour.  Add a swirl underneath to make the 'corners' and a few pearls and a beautiful sentiment from a long retired SU Hostess set.

Now it's your turn, I can't wait to see what you all create.  Come on lets go for a record number of entries.....oh hang on that will make it super hard to choose a Rock Star!  Oh never mind, I'll cope, create away my blogging lovlies.


Cheers,


Kasey ~ in Oz

7 comments:

  1. Love your cards Kasey, my true surprise on this one is that you didn't do butterflies!!!!

    Cheers
    Mon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kasey

    Two beautiful cards. The first is like a step back in time and the second is so fresh. Lovely.

    Must try and get in on time this week. Lol! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of them are lovely. I almost used Vintage Vogue for mine because I figured it HAD to be vintage if it was in the name of the stamp set. :) Great challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cards, Kasey! Beautiful colors and layout!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the details on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These both came out great Kasey.. I really like the colors you used on that second one. Great Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards, Kasey! Love the velvet ribbon and paoper flowers on the first...and the 2nd card has such a wonderful color combo! I'm stealing that one! Thanks for a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.