Followers

23 January 2011

Another Masculine effort

Another challenge that I found was titled Clear as Mud, which was for combining brown with any other colour. I've taken a little bit creative liberty here and used two browns.

I was heading down the road of pretty, until I started to sponge the Presto paper (white check) it didn't sponge as nicely as the other patterns so I used Early Expresso, Soft Suede and Sahara Sand inks to give it a mottled appearance then I got out the Grunge Rock stamp set and Extreme Elements and stamped a few images over the sponging, layering images roughly.


I think this grungy look contrasted beautifully with the shimmery soft suede scalloped mat and then I went looking for a sentiment.....I was going to break the rules and go for gold embossing powder but at the last minute decided on white, with a really messy look. Then I scrunched and tore the card to get this look and off set the matting behind it. It's not my normal style but I had fun trying it out.


Sweet Stampin ~ Clear As Mud

Totally Stampalicious - Masculine

3 comments:

  1. Certainly creative, I would never have thought of using another shade of brown, but this works perfectly. Thanks for joining in the fun @ Sweet Stampin' this time. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and classic. Great guy card. Thanks for playing in the Totally Stampalicious Masculine Monday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! a brilliant masculine card.
    Thank you for joining us this week at sweet stampin
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.