Followers

20 January 2011

Just for Me

Those of you who stop by often and those of you who know me well, will realise that I've not been using MY colours a lot lately, I've been letting myself be taken out of my comfort zone and have been participating in a lot of challenges. Well this afternoon I went into the craft room to unwind after a pretty hectic day at work and checked out the list of challenges that I'd printed out and nothing jumped out and said make me! make me!

Gosh, was my mojo taking a nose dive? ...Not at all, I'm very pleased to say.

I took a look around (at the rather large stash) and spotted the Presto Patterns Specialty papers (they are in the current Mini catalogue) and thought hmmmm I'll just have a little play with those, so I cut a large circle and went to work with some water colouring over the images, If you haven't seen these papers, they are white with white embossed images on them, I chose to sponge ink over the embossing after water colouring as this really made the pattern stand out.

I used Bella Toile background stamp on whisper white, as this matches the paper beautifully, I stamped the ink off twice so I ended up with the soft images again I sponged ink over the images to soften the whole look....it seemed to have this ole worlde look happening so one thing led to another and this is the finished card.




I have to say it is SOOOOOOO good using my pinks, plums & purples again.....*sigh* sheer bliss......and I love how this one turned out.

Thanks for stopping by to say hello.

Happy Crafting!

Cheers,
Kasey

1 comment:

  1. Kasey, this card is gorgeous. You have used the speciality paper beautifully with my favourite colours LOL. I really must get some of this paper and use it in this way.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.