Followers

11 January 2011

Fabulous Flowers



I forgot how much I liked this Fabulous Flowers stamp set until I went looking for a set to use for the Easy Craft Projects challenge to use only your old stash. I thought a retired stamp set would fit that bill beautifully.

This card also uses the sketch from Card Pattern Sketch #97 and a colour challenge over at Crazy 4 Challenges.



I'd seen a turorial in a recent newsletter from Splitcoaststampers and thought I'd try that technique as well. So I've stamped the fabulous flower on Early Expresso three times in White Craft ink, then, because I'm just a tad impatient, I heat set the ink so I could get in there with the chalks and add come colour.

I also dragged out a not often used wheel that gives a marbled effect and ran that over the Pink Pirouette DSP to create this interesting back ground paper, I've also sponged the edges with Melon Mambo and Early Expresso then matted it on Sahara Sand

I've cut out the flower in three layers to give it some more dimension and taken some of the SU pearls and dabbed a hot pink copic over them to change the colour, which really makes them pop.

Enjoy and Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Indeed fabulous. Thank's for playing at Cardpatterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE what you've done to that bloom...such a striking centerpiece to your gorgeous card...Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.