Followers

19 January 2011

Yep you guessed it....More Butterflies!

I have to say OPPS here, I had printed out the little swatch from Curtain Call and obviously my printer colours aren't accurate and with the writing being so small.....Real Red turned into Rose Red for my project! LOL so that's an Opps!

I've just spent a lovely hour in my craft room playing with butterflies and flowers and leaves to make this entry for this week's Curtain Call colour challenge. Don't you just love the theraputic value of crafting??? The stresses and tensions of the day just flow out when you're creating something beautiful.

I've got to say I have had some fun and didn't even bat an eyelid at using butterflies, no argument between Me and Myself (see this post), 'I' decided that it was Butterflies that were needed and that was all there was too it! LOL yes there is that tiny streak of insanity shining through, but then I ask you, Who wants to be normal? OR more to the point..... What IS normal????

I have this friend who has this really, really different way of looking at the world and we always say he's just not normal, but his response is "I'm the most normal person I know" so I suppose it's all to do with your perspective.

Anyway, back to this creation. I used the two step bird punch from SU for the leaves, then I've used the Blossom Party bigz die as well as the Birds and Blossom sizlits to make the flower out of DSP. I've put a little sparkle on the edges with stickles.



Beautiful Wings and Beautiful Butterflies dies and of course my favourite Champgne Mist shimmer paint and rubbing alcohol for a spritzer to make the Butterflies all shimmery.


Then I went looking for a sentiment and came up with this one from SU's Garden Whimsy, stamped straight onto the card itself. Hey presto all done!



Thanks for stopping by and thank you to those who take the time to leave a little comment, it is much appreciated.

Enjoy!

Curtain Call ~ Colour Challenge Act 65

3 comments:

  1. I love your butterflies and the way you used the challenge colors! TFS! I just became a follower and hope you'll follow me too.

    Mama LoveBug
    http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done, Kasey! I love the way you clustered the embellishments around the edges so the sentiment would really stand out in the white space. I'm sure the Stickles are even prettier in person, too! Thanks for playing at the Curtain Call this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep forgetting this saying - and it's a fabulous one. Thanks for using such a stunning card as a reminder :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.